Constitutional Democracy of India
10. Financial Powers:
The president enjoys the following financial powers:
1. He causes the audit reports for presentation before parliament;
2. He receives the reports of the finance commission and is to act on its recommendations;
3. Contingency fund of india is at the disposal of the presidentout of which he can grant advances to the government to meet an unforeseen expenditure. Such expenditure has, however, to get parliaments approval later.
4. The budget is presented to the lok sabha with the prior approval of the president and no member of the Lok sabha can move any amendment to budget aiming at increasing or decreasing the amount of any item without his recommendation.
5. The demand for supplementary or additional grants is also made and proposed
on behalf of the president to meet any additional expenditure of the government
during the middle of the year.